Hello blog friends!! It’s been a while…..getting caught up once again. I have a couple of cards to post for some challenges over in the Mix It Up thread over on SCS. Hubby and I are up at our cabin for the weekend and enjoying the piece and quiet that seems to be up here that you can’t find at home…..why is that I wonder….lol. So last weeks challenge on our Mix It Up thread was to create a background using only inks. I chose to try the wax paper resist technique using one of my Tim Holtz Postmarks embossing folder.
I took a piece of wax paper, embossed it and placed it between two pieces of glossy cardstock. I took my iron and put a piece of paper towel over the cardstock so I wouldn’t get any wax on my iron. I pressed the embossed wax paper in order to transfer the waxed embossed pattern to the glossy cardstock. Check out all the deets for this fun technique on the resource page on SCS right here, Wax Paper Resist. I inked over the cardstock with my Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Ink to bring out the image transfer from the wax paper. How cool! The sentiment was stamped in Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink and the edges were inked with the Peeled Paint. My sentiment is from my Close To My Heart set called A Little Thanks.
My butterfly was a die cut my friend Lynn from SCS sent me quite a while back so I’m not sure which die set it’s from. I inked it in Broken China and the Peeled Paint inks and adhered it with a glue dot over another die cut border from Lynn. The border die cut was white and I inked over it with my foam blending tool with the Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I’ve been hoarding them for quite a while now and decided it was time to start using some of my treasures. I love this border die cut and may have to find out which one it is…..it’s very nice. I added some bling to the body of the butterfly and some for attena. I don’t know if you can really see the subtle difference in the pattern on this picture, but because I ironed the embossed wax paper between two pieces of glossy cardstock, both the positive and negative images transferred onto the sheets. I cut each sheet into four and used two pieces from each sheet to attach to my card front. Made for a very subtle design. I think this shows a bit better on the full card view below!
So, there you have it…..add a bow, some bling and it’s a done deal! Thanks so much for dropping by for a look see…..onto the next card!!