Having an idea and getting it onto a page are sometimes two totally different things! This months challenge over on Limor‘s Facebook group, was to try a technique you’ve never tried before……and to use a sketch…..which I kinda forgot that part. So, I’ll have to do another page for the actual challenge, but I had soooo much fun creating this page!!! Once I got it all done, I looked at it and realized I should have done it on a canvas instead of in my Art Journal with all the layers I added to it. Oh well…..now I’ll just have a thick and bulky Art Journal! I used texture paste and a mesh bag that some fruit came in! I was sitting at work the other day and all of a sudden this thought came to me for an Art Journal page. I’ve been keeping most of my mesh bags from my fruit thinking there must be a good use for these in my Mixed Media Art……someday. LOL. First I started with a bunch of patterned paper that I just tore into strips and glued down with my ModPodge. Then I attached a strip of the mesh bag to the page with ModPodge as well. That wasn’t as easy as I’d pictured it to be in my head, but I did get it to work. One word of caution thought if you choose to dry it with your heat gun….the mesh bag will melt! Ooppsss. Once it was dry I took my texture paste and my palette knife and just gobbed it on all over the page very randomly. I made it very thick in some places trying to fill in the mesh bag and not so thick in others. I also added it to spots all over the page over the paper I’d already adhered down. This step took some time to dry as the texture paste was pretty thick in some places. Then I grabbed some of my Lindy’s sprays and just went to town! The colors I used were Bluebeard Blue Violet, Incandescent Copper, My Mojito Green, Burnished Brass and a little bit of Rudolph’s Nose Red. Then I grabbed my image and tore the edges and adhered her down with more ModPodge, dried it and took more texture paste and applied it randomly around the edges of that too and then dried it. Added more sprays and then started layering some of my embellishments. Once they were down I took a piece of water-color paper and sprayed it with some of my sprays so it would match my page and wrote out my quote. I tore each work out, inked the edges with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and adhered it down with more ModPodge. There are soooo many layers on this puppy!!
Soooo…….check it out!
There is so much texture on this page it’s crazy!!. I’ve never done a page with so much texture and I’m loving it! Here’s a close up so you get a better idea….
So, now I have to do another project and follow one of the sketches for the challenge. I still have some of my mesh fruit bag left so I’m good….lol.
Thanks for popping in to see what I’m up to. I’m off to see what else I can create.