I absolutely love the look of a clean and simple card, journal page, layout……and I’ve tried to do them. I really have…lol. I’m just not sure clean and simple is within my creative abilities!! Over on Splitcoast Stampers they have a weekly mixability challenge and this weeks challenge is to create a clean and simple project with an image that’s been cut out added. Well…..the bird is cut out of some Prima paper from the Meadow Lark collection, so I got part of the challenge done correctly!! I only used two colors of Lindy’s Stamp Gang spray ink (okay, three…. but only because my one pink bottle ran out). And the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink that I used to highlight the stencil image doesn’t really count…..does it? 😉 The butterflies I made using some pieces of a doily I cut apart and then glued two pieces together to form the shape of a butterfly.
I really like this page…..and I didn’t have to rip anything off and re-do it!!! I’m really loving all the drippage on the page and the softness of how the colors blend together so nicely! I used 4 different Lindy’s Stamp Gang sprays: Tea Pot Purple Starburst from the Mad Hatter set, some Plumeria Pink Flat Fabio until it ran out and some Hibiscus Rose Flat Fabio. The bird was very pale so I used a paint brush and colored it in using some of the Plumeria Pink and some of the Steampunk Sepia Starburst from the Industrial Chic set. The butterflies were sprayed with the Tea Pot Purple and Plumeria Pink. The stencil is one of my home made ones that I cut out using my Cricut machine and I highlighted the image in order to make it pop using some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I had tried to hightlight it using some of the Tim Holtz Dusty Concord but it blended into the page more than making it stand out. I took my charcoal pencil and outlined the bird, and the stenciled area to create a bit more depth to the page. I also went around the outside edges of the page and added some of the Vintage Photo to the edges of the page. I drew in some antenna’s and bodies for the butterfly and a dotted fight trail, added my sentiment in the white ink and it was done! Here’s some close ups of the detailed work:
I also decided to lightly outline the bird in white as it was blending into the background a little too well. I added my journaling using my white Uni-ball Signo pen….LOVE that pen!!
So, that’s it for this post. I’m off……