Hello to my blogging friends! I have a couple of cards to show you using a technique that may or may not actually be a technique…..lol. A few months ago we had the fabulous Leanne from Scrap ‘n With Flair in Humboldt for a one day, 12 hour Scrap and Yap day. I wasn’t able to make it to the Scrap and Yap, but I knew that Leanne would be there with her products from her on-line store and I just had to go and play for just a little while and do some shopping!!! This is where I first saw the Lindy’s Stamp Gang products and they are fantastic!! If you don’t know what they are you have to check them out in Leanne’s store. You’ll see some of them in future projects I’ll be posting…..the colors are incredible!! This is also where I first saw “I Am Roses” flowers and went home with a nice little bundle of those too……you’ll see these little gems on my card today. One of the other products I purchased was some Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium matte. I love the look of the mixed media projects out there and I really want to try to do some of it myself one of these days……just have to get the nerve up to actually try it!! I did however use my multi-medium matte on these two cards I made using this!
So this is a paper napkin I found while shopping and fell in love with the colors!! When I brought them home I thought……Oooooo……what nice cards they’d make!! So yup! I peeled them apart and started to tear and glue to make some cards!
For this card I tore out just the coffee mug and adheared it to a kraft card front. What I used to attach it was my Studio multi-medium matte. It’s really a cool product. I just took a brush and ‘painted’ some of the matte onto the card from and placed my torn piece of the paper napkin on top and then painted over top of the napkin with the matte as well. I took my heat tool and used it to dry the medium (as I’m WAY too impatient to wait till it dries overnight). I took some narrow cream-colored lace and sprayed it with my Lindy’s Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Burnished Brass and also gave my card from a bit of a spritz as well. I dried my lace with my heat tool and attached it to the side of the card. I then took my Ranger Distress Ink in Black Soot and Rusty Hinge and stamped some random background stamps onto the card from using my Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge background stamp set. I used the dots and the grid pattern stamps on this card. This is such a fun set and has funky stamps with a dots pattern, a grid pattern, a crackled glass pattern, random date stamps pattern a checkerboard pattern, bricks pattern and a numbers pattern. All of these stamps are a sort of distressed, grungy type of pattern and I love them!! Notice the fabulous pop of color from the three little roses on the corner of the card……I love these little flowers!! They’re from the I Am Roses line and are just so stinkin’ cute!! I distressed the edges of the card, added some bling and it’s done!
I took a look at the napkin again and wanted to incorporate more of the pattern from it and decided to cover the entire front of my next card with it. Check it out!
I really like how this card turned out. I used my multi-medium matte on it again and this time I painted it on quite thick and chunky to add some additional dimension to the card. I spritzed the front of the card and my white paper doily with my same Lindy’s Moon Shadow Mist in the Burnished Brass. I attached the doily to the corner of the card and then grabbed my Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge background stamps again with my Distress Black Soot ink and stamped randomly with the dots pattern and the multi date stamp pattern. I had some paper butterflies from Close To My Heart that I also spritzed with my Moon Shadow Mist and then added some stickles to the edges of the wings and some bling down the body. I took a piece of rusty-brown cardstock and stamped my sentiment onto it, tore the edges and then inked them with my Black Soot. I attached it to the card using my multi-medium matte to give it the same texture and dimension as the rest of the card. I attached a dangly bling piece from my stash, distressed the edges of the card and tore away at a couple of the corners and it was done!!
So, this was the result of playing with my new product and a paper napkin……let me know what you think!! You know I love to hear from you!!